Friday, February 16, 2007

A Hamper For Caiden - By Dave

As many of you know Dave is quite the handy man. We have been looking for a hamper to match Caiden's room, but haven't quite found one that is fitting (and within our budget...seriously $300 for a hamper is ridiculous - I'm serious we found those prices).

Anyway, Dave decided that it couldn't be that hard to make one...so he surprised me! David was really disappointed in this work. It took him 8 hours (I think that is what he said) to work on it because he said that everything that COULD go wrong...DID go wrong. I still think it turned out great. I'm impressed. It's nice to have a handy man around. :) I'm thinking that I want to get some fabric and line the inside. What do you think?




Anyway, I came home from work and Dave surprised me by making a hamper for Caiden from scratch! I like it. We are going to get some rope and starfish and stuff to make it look more beachy, but not bad.

Caiden couldn't wait to try it out...literally. Here is a picture of Caiden IN the hamper...





and then of course a few of him using it for the appropriate reasons.



3 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Good job Dave! It looks really cute and will go with Caiden's room.

Pam said...

That looks great. I would put something inside just in case, so the clothes don't snag. Very impressive.

Wendy said...

I am really impressed. I couldn't have done that in 8 days! Tell David I said it looks great. I am very impressed.