Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today I turned 30!!

So, Today I turned 30. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I woke up this morning in a good mood. Strange seeing that I had just left my 20's behind, and am being forced along the adult path of the 30-something woman.

Overall it was a good day. I went to work (I know, but hear me out), and what was waiting for me, but a decorate work space and a new work laptop! It's pretty, now hopefully it's functional too. I had a present on my desk of yummy smelling candles (lots of them) from two of the girls from work (Thank you Nicole and Cathy - I really like them), and a gift certificate to I-tunes from Heather (so if you have any suggestions for music, send them my way) which I am WAY EXCITED about.

Heather then treated me to lunch with a bunch of my co-workers (how nice was that) while I scarfed down some much needed veggies admist some very interesting conversation topics. I was then treated to some Pizookie, Ice Cream and milk (again thank you team!) before I jolted out the door and onto the freeway.

I even took the toll road home and paid $8.60 and didn't even feel angry. (I didn't tell Dave how much fast track was today, so I would appreciate it if we could keep that out on the DL - thanks)

When I got home, I had family and friends waiting for me to toast my old age. Hmm...30's not looking so bad. Of course, I'm only one day in. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mel!

How can I be three years older than you? It just doesn't seem possible.

Pam said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I could have made it to your party, but duty called.... probably about 80 miles away. Hope you had fun.

Mel said...

No problem Pam. You were there in spirit :)

Wendy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Melissa! I wish I had been able to be there to share it with you also. Does my phone call count? I was there in spirit as well. : )

Wendy said...

Oh, I forgot. Did you have lunch at BJ's? Jeff is addicted to pizookie!

Mel said...

Of course you were there in spirit, Wendy! :) The team ordered a pizookie to go. You got me addicted. It was yours and Jeff's gift certificate that got Dave and I to go to BJ's in the first place. So, if I gain 20 lbs, you'd better start running because I'm coming after you :)

Vicky said...

this might seem crazy and really belated, but i was just looking through some blogs and came across yours and u have the same b'day as me, which is a bit crazy because i honestly do not know anyone with the same birthday as me. so i just want to say a belated happy birthday from australia