Sunday, December 03, 2006

Take your kid to work day?



No, it wasn't take you child to work day, but after Dave's scary fall, Caiden and I thought we would check up on him at work. These pictures were taken the day after Dave's fall. Caiden and I drove down the the Fontana station that Dave was working at for a quick visit, and I do mean quick.

15-20 minutes into our visit Dave and his crew got a call. Caiden was so excited to see the firetruck leave with lights and sirens sounding. His little heart was quickly broken when I made a right turn (instead of the left turn that the fire truck made). Caiden wanted to follow daddy to work. It was so sad. He ended up crying himself to sleep, and when I woke him the only thing that he said was, "I want Daddy and firefighter truck (sounds like fire fire truck)" and then he fell fast asleep.

In the brief time that we were there, Caiden had a blast...he played on the rig, played with the exhaust hose, and even got to pretend he was driving. I was just thankful that Dave was doing better. Sore and a little stiff, but alive and well :)




2 comments:

Pam said...

Caiden looks like he had a blast. :)

Wendy said...

That looks so fun I want to go play on a fire truck.