Monday, January 01, 2007

My First Christmas Dinner





This year was a first for me. It was my first time hosting Christmas and MAKING a Christmas dinner. I mean, a REAL Christmas dinner. We had Honey baked ham (and not from the Honey baked Ham store), Beef Rib Roast, mashed potatoes (the little red ones), mushrooms, green onions sautéed for a topping, cranberry sauce, croissants, fresh baked bread (zucchini and another kind - compliments of Sue & Jim), salad, apple cider (made by Grandpa Jim and Caiden), and pies (Lemon Meringue, pumpkin, and Dutch Apple pie).



I had ordered these really cute little stockings to hold the utensils, and used Mimi’s Christmas dishes. Jeff Budd helped to take the stickers off of my Waterford Crystal glasses, and Jim helped to cut the meat (both Ham and Beef). Dave was forced to hand mash the potatoes as we could not find my Kitchen Aid mixer (we still are not fully unpacked from the move...where is the time?)





Everyone seemed to have a good time. We had plenty of drinks (mostly of the non-alcoholic kind), so that everyone could toast to the Christmas season. It was a very good dinner, if I do say so myself! :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I think it came out great Melissa. Very nice dinner and a great time with family.

Pam said...

Good job Melissa - very impressive!

Hart's Haven said...

The dinner was awesome. And you worked really hard. Everyone had a good time.