Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year's Eve



New Years Eve day was the only day that David had off from work, so we took advantage of it.

Dave called me on his way home from work, so I had Caiden ready and we went out to breakfast. It was funny because throughout the entire breakfast the waitress was SHAMELESSLY flirting with David. Even when my food was delivered cold (and it was supposed to be hot) and with the added benefit of hair, it was David that got the star treatment. To be honest, I wasn't all that hungry, so instead of complaining I just didn't eat it. When the waitress came over and noticed (about the only time she laid eyes on me) that I wasn't eating, David informed her that there was hair in the food, and that it was a tad cold.

At this point the waitress bent over backwards offering to cook a new meal for me, brought the manager over, comped my meal, and then gave David 2 coupons for $5 off the next time we visit. Notice I did say, she gave DAVID the coupons. The whole time she apologized to HIM, and was practically gushing. I just sat back and enjoyed the moment. It's good for him now and again...of course I get to bring him back to reality (hehe - just kidding).




After breakfast, we went for a walk around this private lake. Caiden did very well, especially for a 2.5 mile walk. He even had enough energy left to do some pull-ups with dad!




After that, we went home and took naps...yes...all of us. When we finally woke up, we thought that we should get some dinner (notice how we slept through lunch) at Red Robin. We then drove back home to watch a movie and then hit the sack around 9pm. I know...we are a VERY adventurous couple! :)

1 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great day! Sounds like a lot of fun and restful as well.