Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Good one?


Dave's grandma is in the hospital, and I wanted to get her something to cheer her up. I called Wendy and Pam and we agreed to get her some PJs and slippers and such...but happy PJ's...you know the kind that make you smile.

In my quest for these PJ's a friend of my (Heather) told me about this cool site.

http://www.pajamagram.com/

It was so cute, but they were a bit pricey for me, especially since I had to ship it. Well, I found these really cute PJ's, some soft slipper socks (with tread so she will not fall) and this cute little suitcase box to put them in. Grandma Sara should be receiving them on Friday! Hope they cheer her up and make her smile, or at least a bit more comfortable.

Well, anyway I was talking to my sister-in-law Wendy, who had previously spoken with the other twin Pam, and they said that I was the "good one". I was floored by this. I have NEVER been the "good one". What are my job responsibilities? Do I have to live up to this title? I don't know what to do...this is foreign territory.

Then I sat back and smiled knowing that this status is only a temporary one. Soon I will do or say something that is not remotely good in nature or even quite mean or wrong...this will do the trick. :) No more expectations for me! In the meantime, I will revel in my newfound title...as brief as it may be. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure who came up with the PJ idea but that is one smart cookie!

Wendy said...

Heather: Melissa came up with the idea.

Melissa: you always are coming up with great ideas for gifts and try to make people feel special. That is one of the requirements for the "The Good One". I think that you will keep the title for a while. Pam and I don't have any intention of taking it from you in the near future. That would require thoughtfulness and energy. : )

Pam said...

Wendy said it. By the way, I've never been the good one. I was, in fact, considered to be the bad one while growing up, so I have no hopes of taking the title and am perfectly content to expend less energy and contribute monetarily to the cause.

But seriously, I appreciate that you were so thoughtful and I'm sure that Mom appreciates it also. You're definitely in the "good one" category. :)

butterflydreams said...

How is Grandma doing? Hope all is well we are praying for the family

Hart's Haven said...

Melissa your thoughtfulness meant alot to me. I think that grandma knew too and appreciated the gift. I read the card to her and she wore the slippers. It hurts me deeply that it was her time to pass however that is very selfish cause I want her to be here with us. She was ready to go. Thanks for your care and thoughtfulness.
Love Mom