Sunday, April 15, 2007

Big Bear Fun and Surprise Snow Storm



Dave and I both had the weekend off...a very unique event, so we thought that we would take advantage of it. We packed the car and hiked it up to see Papa Jim and Grammie Sue in Big Bear. It was so much fun.

We decided to try a new restaurant that recently opened. Jim and Sue had not tried it yet, so we thought it would be fun. It was VERY good. We ate every little bit up! It was a TRUE BBQ place, as I learned that TRUE BBQ does not have a flame under it...it is smoked. We got a lesson from the owner of the restaurant who competes in BBQ competitions. He takes his BBQ very seriously.



After that we spent some quality time together at Sue and Jim's - watched some TV, played some games - Caiden is VERY good at Memory, but we think he may have inherited Dave's good luck. Lord knows, he didn't get that from me.






Papa Jim and Caiden went out to feed the "animals"...raccoons mostly. Caiden was such a big helper.




The next day we woke up, had breakfast and found that the ground was covered in snow. It was very beautiful, however Dave and I had not planned for such an event. We borrowed some hats, jackets and gloves and decided to trek out to have a nice leisurely stroll along the lake. That didn't last too long as it started to snow harder and got a bit windy...we ended up in front of the fire at Starbucks drinking hot cocoa and other flavored drinks.











We had plans to go to lunch, but the weather continued to get a bit worse. This was a concern for us as we had brought the Sentra...which is without 4 wheel drive or snow chains. :(

We decided to head on home, but of course this cannot be without an adventure in itself as you will soon see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I miss Big Bear and I love BBQ!

Wendy said...

I am jealous also. I miss all of you guys.

butterflydreams said...

My parents were at the cabin last weekend I could have joined them should tell me these things I like BBQ too! I am back up on the blog

Pam said...

Good times!