Saturday, October 13, 2007

Disneyland Fun with Grammie Sue and Papa Jim

Grammie Sue and Papa Jim came down the mountain to see Caiden and take the Bonney Family to Disneyland. They even arranged to meet some friends, so they could sign us in. It was VERY nice of them, especially when we found out that tickets now cost $91 a person (and Caiden is over the age limit where he gets in free). Can you believe that? $91 for 1 day at Disneyland. That's crazy.

Papa Jim, Caiden, Grammie Sue and Dave walking down Main Street
Caiden and Mama
Caiden entertaining himself while in line

Well, I was excited for a number of reasons. I wanted to go with Caiden to Disneyland, and I had also just bought this purse the day before that could fit SO MUCH!! The only problem was that my luck struck again (really, my mother should have named me Murphy. It would have fit so much better - you know Murphy's law and all). Let me tell you a little about my luck versus Dave's. To make matters worse, my camera was dying (I think it is breaking), my camera batteries died (I had spares), and my memory card filled up just as I was getting a cute video of caiden (again I had a spare). I didn't get THAT many pictures because my camera was being temperamental.

see the zip ties...functional, NOT fashionable

I walk into Disneyland - my brand new purse that I just switched to THAT morning breaks
Dave walks into Disneyland - he finds $10

Thankfully, Jim and Dave came to my rescue and got a few zip ties from the Balloon guy and fixed my purse. It's not exactly chic, but it kept the strap on.

Our first ride was Peter Pan. Caiden was lucky enough to ride that with Grammie Sue and Papa Jim.

You can Fly!

Unfortunately, Grammie Sue was unable to join Caiden for the Carousel ride - which he later told us was his most favorite ride. I think it's because we just watched Mary Poppins and he liked the part where they go off the Carousel onto the race track.


Caiden on the horse he picked
Dave and Caiden ready to ride
Caiden and I. I stood next to him while the ride was in motion...got a bit queasy..strange

We then went to Dumbo, and the Jungle Cruise ride. Caiden liked the rides, but got a little scared on the Jungle Cruise. Dave came to the rescue though, and helped him through the hard parts.

Grammie Sue and Jim in the front; Dave and Caiden in the back

Dave and Caiden on Jungle Cruise
Elephants on the cruise
Caiden got a bit scared, but Daddy came to the rescue
Jim and Sue on the jungle cruise
Not sure what they are doing here...my memory has failed me

After cruising through the jungle , Dave took Caiden to the jungle store, where he bought him a sword, and we tried on fun hats. Caiden thought the Nemo hat was funny.

Dave taught Caiden how to attack me with the sword. This is him getting ready to attack me
Nemo hat
Caiden just put his head down to show me the Nemo

Then it was on to the Tea cup ride. That was a hoot. Caiden LOVED it at first...it was laughing and spinning. About halfway through his laughter and smile faded and I think he got a bit sick to his stomach. He told Dave that he wanted to get off NOW!!! Dave thankfully stopped proactively spinning the ride, and when it came to a complete stop it took Cade a minute to get his sea legs again. After that, he told us that he wasn't a big fan of the spinning. :)



Dave and Caiden in the tea cups - at the beginning when Cade was still happy

After his stomach settled down and we had a bit to eat and a bit of a rest, Caiden felt ready to take on the road...he played limo driver to Grammie Sue. As you can see Grammie Sue was quite brave to let this little road racer drive her around. He can barely see over the front of the car. :) Dave of course chose a red sports car to drive.

Can you find Caiden?
Dave in front in his red race car

Grammie Sue and Papa Jim took Caiden to give him a lesson in buying something. He chose an Orange cup (of course it would be orange), they gave him the money to pay for it and had him take it to the register and complete the transaction. I think he liked that, but didn't quite understand the process quite yet.


Caiden's first transaction - or at least the first at Disneyland
Caiden getting change, but unfortunately he left the cup he bought. Don't worry we got it.

At the end of the day when we were waiting for the tram, I stole a glance at Caiden and he was trying to stand just like his daddy. I thought that was cute, and my camera decided to cooperate, so I took a picture. :)

Caiden wanted to be JUST like his daddy. He is standing the same exact way.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That looks like fun. A great day at Disneyland.

butterflydreams said...

So cute !
Disneyland is major bucks these days and people still buy food and stuff to take home. Isn't that the motto (all the things you have to have "NOW" but can't afford - life takes master card) I seriously should have bought stock in Disneyland back when I had cash

Pam said...

Caiden might be like my mom in that way too. She also gets sick on rides like that.

Mel said...

It wasn't Caiden that got sick it was me, and I tend not to get motion sickness.