Sunday, December 16, 2007

Surprise Baby Shower for Baby Kiya!!

At work, my team surprised me with a baby shower. First, I was impressed that they were able to surprise me, but most of all I was so touched and honored that they would do this for me.

They went all out. They had balloons, and streamers, and decorations along with a potluck of VERY YUMMY food. Everyone pitched in, and I am so grateful that they did that for me. I was completely caught off guard. One minute I thought I was going to lunch with Michael Chapman and Heather, and the next I am walking into a room full of people with gifts and food and baby decorations.
Shannon, Me, Yovan, Denise and Kendall

My first reaction was: "Oh no, where is Heather...she's going to be mad that I can't leave to go to lunch now." A brief background on Heather and you would have had the same reaction. She is an amazing person with stalker tendencies. If I don't show up at a certain time, she hounds me until I do. Thankfully, Heather was there for the baby shower.


As you can tell I'm not the most comfortable being the center of attention...although I was really touched. :)

Everyone pitched in and brought something, but three of my employees spearheaded the surprise. Yovan, Denise and Shannon. They even went so far as to tell people to get things in Lavender or Sage green as I'm not the biggest fan of pink. :) They even made my favorite...cupcakes - White cake with white frosting...yummy. I think I ate like 4 of them. They were SO good.
Notice how practically every picture has me with a cupcake...they aren't even the SAME cupcake :)

I can't express to you how much I was touched by their generosity and kindness.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool. It is awesome that you have such a great group of friends at work.

Pam said...

Wow, that was a nice surprise. :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad the stalker wasn't invited...oddly enough she showed up anyways!!

Mel said...

Funny how the stalker showed up, isn't it?

You have to blame Josh for the lack of invite...I clearly was innocent as I knew nothing about this.

Josh, it's ALL YOUR FAULT :P