Friday, February 15, 2008

From A Walk?

My friend Katie came over the other day and hung out with Kiya and myself (as Dave was working). She ended up staying the night because we were having so much fun.

Godmother Katie with Kiya

The first day she was here, we went to a few stores and went out to lunch. She convinced me (didn't take much as I have no will power) to split a shake at Ruby's with her. The deal was that we had to go on a walk to counteract the calories we were putting on. Unfortunately we got sidetracked and the walk never happened.

The next day was Valentine's Day and we decided that we still needed to take that walk. Better late than never. We also wanted to see the movie "No Reservations" and had tried the day before but they were all checked out. Since Dave was home, we left Kiya with him and set out to Blockbuster to walk to get the movie. Of course I unknowingly took the long way, and it started raining, frigid rain. Rain so cold that my ears started hurting. The cold wind didn't help much. We were both wearing jackets and scarves, but I forgot a hat. :( I ended up wrapping my scarf around my ears and head (my ears felt better when they were warmer). I looked like a post operative person from one of those reality shows where they makeover your whole face and then make you wear one of contraption things to keep your face from falling. :)

We finally made it to Blockbuster, got the video and headed out. We took the short cut back to the house, but then decided to walk to the supermarket as I had to get a few things, as well as fax over something to my work. It wasn't a strenuous walk, and I don't think it was that far or long, but sadly enough this is the most exercise I have had as of late and my legs are KILLING me. Pathetic I know. I have aches and pains from walking. I am actually surprised that a little walk could cause my legs to have such a reaction. They are probably in shock from my lack of activity as of late. That's it. I am going to make it a goal to do something active every day. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hockey on Tuesday was my first workout in what seems like 3 months... tough to get back into working out but use the soreness as motivation. Its a good thing!

Wendy said...

I love taking walks with good friends.

Pam said...

Good for you for getting out. I wish I had the time.