Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite!

Because when they do it itches like crazy!!! Now I thought that this was just a cutesy little saying that I say to Caiden before I put him down to sleep. Little did I know that it could actually happen! Of course it would happen to me. I have the worst luck.

The story starts where I go to Detroit. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, which from all appearances LOOKED clean. My room smelled really strong of smoke, but they also had a sign that said that they recently became a "smoke free hotel". They may have wanted to wash the walls, curtains, carpet and maybe sprayed some air freshener to ensure that the smell was out, but that's not really my problem.

My problem is that I think the room had bugs. I am COVERED in bug bites and I itch like crazy. So much so that I look like I have chicken pox and I feel like it too. :( I'd take a picture, but that is pretty gross, don't you think? I finally decided that I would complain to the hotel as I have stayed as many a Courtyard Marriott and not had this problem before. Hopefully, they can fix the issue before another customer has to endure this horrible itching. :( Until then...I'm going to buy stock in Calamine lotion.

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

Just another thing to add on the list titled, "scary things about Detroit"...like I said before you should just be happy that you made it out alive!!

Bug bites are a small price to pay when you get to keep your life!!Hehehehehehehehe!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! It's not easy being you huh? (typed while on the phone with you yelling "ouch ouch ouch" after opening the car door on your shin)

Here I thought that saying was just a kids rhyme too. Leave it to you to prove that it's not. lol!!!

Hart's Haven said...

Melissa it's always you to have something happen like that! I can just imagine you going to work with calamine lotion all over your arms and face.
Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Pam said...

You poor thing. Your skin is so sensitive. I can just imagine how the pink shows up against your beautiful white skin. :)

Wendy said...

Wow, I can't believe that happened. I wonder what kind of bug it was.