Monday, May 05, 2008

Swim Time At Pam and Jake's

Dave, Caiden, Kiya and I thought we would go visit Auntie Pam and Uncle Jake. Pretty soon baby Hester will make his appearance, so we thought we would go visit and see how the parents-to-be were holding up.


Uncle Jake had to work, so Auntie Pam, Dave and I took the kids to the pool for a quick swim. It was COLD, and I do mean cold, but Caiden was dead set on going in the water. He was really excited to use the kick board that I bought him, and the new swim vest. He even practiced using the kick board in the morning before we left the house. He kept standing on it like it was a surf board, and I kept trying to explain that it will help him learn how to kick his legs when he swims. He figured it out soon enough when we got in the water.

Caiden with his kick board

Dave was forced to go in the water, while I shivered on the side in a sweatshirt. Caiden did VERY well. I have some cute videos, but I told Pam that I would not post them since she didn't want the world to see her 9 months preggers in a swim suit. Frankly, I think she looks cute, but I am respecting her wishes. :) Below is a very brief video of Kiya's first time in the pool...it is very quick, but it was the only video I had that didn't have pregnant Pam in it. :)
*UPDATE Pam gave me the go ahead to post another video...Thank you Pam*

We even put Kiya in her swimsuit. She has a little bikini, some newborn sunglasses (which are frankly too big for her), and a sun hat (also too big for her). The bikini however fit, and it was 6-9 months. I have a little chunky monkey on my hands. So cute.
Kiya in her new ensemble
Dave taking a moment to relish in the sun with his baby girl


Kiya practicing her too-cool-for-school pose. Notice the drool :P

Kiya, sitting on the side of the pool with Pam

After we went swimming, we went back to Pam's house and hung out until Jake came home. Pam, Jake, the kids and I then piled into my car and we ran some errands (babysrus and petco). We then went back to their house and picked up sleeping Dave (clearly it was exhausting being around people as cool as us) and we all went out to a yummy dinner at Red Robin.

Cade practicing his back-up career ...barber
Pregnant Pam, Uncle Jake, Kiya and Caiden
Kiya helping Uncle Jake on his computer with her monkey toes
Caiden chillin' with an apple
Uncle Jake entertaining the kids. Caiden tried to compete a little for his attention

By the time we got home, Caiden was WORN OUT. I carried him inside, but he woke up. He went upstairs to put on his PJ's while I fed Kiya. Dave took the following picture when he went up to check on him. Caiden had taken his PJ's out (they are under him), took off his socks and shoes and then that's as far as he made it before he fell asleep on the chair in his room. So cute.

Thank you Pam and Jake for the dinner and for the great time! Now if we can just convince Baby Hester to come out and play :P

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

Your video doesn’t work… That is false advertising…you can’t say you have a video and then when I click on it there is nothing there. Disappointment.

I L-O-V-E Kiya!! She looks so stylish in her summer beach attire!! She does have the adorable baby chub!!

Where are the pictures of David sleeping…tough night playing WOW?

I freakin love me some Red Robin? What did you get to eat and did it involve fries??

A solid effort by Caiden attempting to get into his pajamas, a little boy can only do so much!!

Pam said...

I trust you not to post pictures that make me look horrible. Feel free to add a couple if you'd like. It was my thunder thighs that I was really worried about. I'm definitely competing with Kiya in the thigh department.

I hope that Baby Hester comes soon. I think I'm ready to go!

Thanks for coming to see us. We had a fun day. :)

Hart's Haven said...

That is so cool that you got to go over and see Pam and Jake, wish that I could have been there. Unfortunately we still have ducks in the pool.
I'll be down soon when Pam delivers and hopefully I'll get to see you all.

Mel said...

Heather: I forgot about your other weird obsession...finding out what other people ate. Well. I had my standby. The teriyaki chicken burger with TONS of fries :)

Wendy said...

Ahhh.... I miss you guys. That looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to come down when baby Hester arrives. I loved Kiya's outfit.