Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!


Today is Father's Day, and Dave wasn't working! Caiden, Kiya and I had breakfast waiting for Dave when he came home. Then Caiden presented him with a card he made, and some gifts! After some hugs, kisses and some songs, courtesy of Caiden, we decided to go hiking!

The card Caiden made Dave
Dave opening a gift that Caiden and Kiya gave him...look at Caiden's expression (not the messy house)

The hiking post is to follow, but it's close to midnight and I'm tired. Of course as Wendy mentioned in a previous comment to one of my posts...I am bad luck and hiking did not go off without a few hitches :( Because of this I knew it would take me too long to post the hiking adventure because I would feel impelled to write about it...and you know me...I tend not to be short on words. :)

Like Father (Dave's breakfast)....
Like Son (Caiden's breakfast)

Anyway, after hiking, Dave and I bathed the kids (both the furry and non furry variety) and then they all went to bed while I went to the store and got some movies too. By the time I got home Caiden was awake so he worked out in the yard with me until Dave woke up. Dave then played outside with Caiden while I made dinner for Dave for Father's day.

Caiden also had some gifts to give his Grandpas, but I couldn't figure out how to mail them so I will have to wait until we see them :) Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

HeatherW said...

Yay!! FIRST again!! That is 3 in a row!!

Sounds like you guys had a good day!! Your breakfast looks super yummy...it is making my belly rumble!!

Happy Fathers Day to Dave!!

Wendy said...

That does look fun. Glad that David was able to be home for once. I am sure the hiking adventure would have been fun to hear about. : ) And no you are not usually short on words.

Hart's Haven said...

A good fathers day one that you will remember maybe even Caiden will! Sorry about your camera but I am truly surprised that they gave you a new one. Caiden and Kiya are such lucky kids......

Pam said...

Caiden looked so excited for David to open his present. I'm glad David had an interested look on his face. Very cute!