Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Happy Graduation Caiden!!


Well, sort of. He just finished a portion of Preschool. Since he is only 4 (and a new one at that), he will be completing his full year next year. However, he did graduate one year of preschool (even though he hasn't been there a full year).

I warn you now. The pictures did not turn out well. We sat too far back that my flash didn't work. I used my video camera and Dave mostly took the pictures once they started. I would post a video because it was SO stinkin' cute, but I honestly don't know how to get the footage off the video camera. Last time, I had to have one of my employees do it. :(

Derek is the blonde kid that is nearly a head taller than Caiden on the left
Closer up of Derek and Caiden

Grammie Sue, Kiya (notice the new lovey dog courtesy of Gigi), and Papa Jim

They came marching into a combination of "Joy in my Heart" and "I'm so happy". They then said the pledge and sang a few songs. (which were SO cute). Caiden spotted us in the crowd and kept waving. It actually brought tears to my eyes (although I do not think anyone noticed) when Caiden saw Dave (who took the day off for this) and said "that's my dad...Hi dad!" and waved. He kept saying it, and he was so excited. It was so cute.

They sang and SIGNED their A,B,Cs and then were called to get their "diplomas". They were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. Answers ranged from rock star to butterfly to Hannah Montana. One little boy said he wanted to be a mom (how cute). Derek wanted to be a water truck driver. Caiden is friends with Derek. In fact, Derek and Gabe are all he talks about, but he really likes Derek. So when it came time for Caiden to say what he wanted to be when he grew up we all expected him to say "firefighter!" because frankly that is what he ALWAYS says. But of course, he says loudly "I want to be a water truck driver". Huh? Well, like I said. Derek wanted to be a water truck driver, and Caiden likes Derek. Whatever...

Papa Jim and Grammie Sue trekked all the way down the mountain just to see Caiden graduate. We REALLY appreciated them making the trip down, and it meant a lot to Caiden too. We all went out to dinner, and after the ceremony, Caiden got a special graduation gift from Grammie and Papa. Caiden was especially excited to show Papa his classroom. We then hung out and met the parents of Caiden's friends.
Papa Jim, Grammie Sue and Caiden with his promotion certificate
Graduation gift!
Caiden and his teacher
Caiden is SO proud!!!
Derek and Caiden
Caiden, Derek and Gabe


You can see the short clip below, but it is not very good, as it was not taken with my video camera. It was taken with my little camera. I apologize for the kid next to me in advance. She was making a lot of noise.

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

We had sooooo much fun. I'm so glad that you invited us. Caiden was incredible cute! It brought back such wonderful memories of when David was that age.

HeatherW said...

Excellent work Caiden!! Looks like a really cute day!!

P.S.
Tell Gabe I will be his friend...I like snazzy dressers!!

Anonymous said...

He is soooo cute! Look at him with his little watch and is that hair gel?

Wendy said...

They are growing up so fast. Looks like a great ceremony and a great school. Caiden is SOOO cute!

Pam said...

all the kids are so cute. caiden is growing up fast.