Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kiya does Yoga!

So I have learned that my little angel has a natural ability. She is very flexible and has an incredible sense of balance (all things that she must have inherited from her father -except the flexibility...I have that).

She has always done the flexible baby thing of touching her feet to her head, but when I took her in the pool the other day instead of sucking on her thumb (which I think she couldn't find at the time) she used the next logical back-up...her big toe. So here we are floating in the water, Kiya drifting to sleep sucking on her big toe. She was having a grand old time. It was quite funny too. I actually considered saying to myself " I wish I could do that", but than I thought better of it. I don't like feet, so...that wouldn't really work for me.

Then the other day, she started doing Yoga! I kid you not! Kiya can do downward dog, and MUCH better than me!! She even adds a little P90X level of difficulty and balances on one leg. Yeah, yeah I thought you would say that, so I have proof!!

Even Kiya looks shocked at her yoga ability :P
Look at how calm she looks (serene even). Not even breaking a sweat *hehe*
Here it is the P90X twist in the making

She is quite the little motivator too. She gives her big brother a pat on the back for job well done after their Yoga session. And of course a big smile for another completed workout :)

Kiya congratulating Caiden on a job well done
And another successfully completed workout

I love my kids!!! Now if only I could do Yoga half as good. :P


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I expect to see Tree Pose very soon.

Hart's Haven said...

That looks like fun everyone working out together. She'll be in great shape!

HeatherW said...

Can you please have Kiya squeeze in a yoga session for me? I have been too busy lately to work out. Ok...maybe not too busy but just to tired!!

Wendy said...

haha. : )

Pam said...

That really is funny. She is STRONG. And adorable as always.