Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The "New" Cayden Strikes Again


So everyone knows I am a commuter (and if you didn't, you do now). Well, I feel like I am always rushing from one place to another, so of course today was no different. I rush to Caiden's school to pick him up so that I can rush over to pick up Kiya.

I go to Caiden's classroom and sign him out and go to grab his lunch box. That's when I grab the fire engine box that I have packed NUMEROUS times before. Thankfully, I paused for a moment. My memory has begun to deteriorate (just ask Heather), but only for things that are unimportant (such as the various flavors of PopTarts - SO THERE HEATHER!). Anyway, I distinctly remember packing his spiderman lunch box this morning (I know, I ACTUALLY remembered!), so color me confused when I see Caiden's fire truck lunch box.

I look at Caiden and I said I thought I packed your Spiderman lunch box. He said. "You did, Mama!...that's the OTHER Cayden's lunch box". Drat!! His name and now his lunch box. When will this end? :P

Of course, I ask Caiden "Is HIS daddy a firefighter too?" Caiden looks at me in all seriousness and says, "Yes".
Now isn't that a coincidince...flashbacks to my best friend Melissa....(Note, I checked with the office staff...Cayden's daddy is not a firefighter...at least they don't think he is).

*flashback similarities to Melissa*

- we have the same first name

- we have the same middle name

- our moms have the same name

- our dads have the same name

-we are both left handed

-when we met our moms' drove the same car, same year, just different colors....


Does this mean they are destined to be lifelong friends? Only time will tell.


Now I just have to be careful not to take Cayden's fire truck lunch box home...ugh...more brain power...the problem? After a long day like I had, there is not much left to spare. :P

5 comments:

Wendy said...

only time will tell. : )

butterflydreams said...

Maybe but at this age it all depends on if Cooper thinks Cayden should make friends with the other Cayden. Life should not be this hard at 4!

butterflydreams said...

Sorry! see my mind is gone too, our Caiden is with a "I" Duh Katie

Pam said...

Wow, I didn't know you and Melissa had so much in common. How funny.

barbatron said...

Funny....I thought my name was actually Jenny K my whole life. Then I married a john....thank god our last name is not SMith