Monday, August 11, 2008

The Naffins Come Swimming

Well, it's about time if I do say so myself. My sister FINALLY brought my niece and nephew to partake in the pool fun. Since she has the twins, my mom came along to assist her, however my mom ended up being the photographer of the day really. I felt like a rock star with my very own Paparazzi! :) Although she has forbidden me from posting pics of her from this event (see mom, I DO listen). :P

First we ate lunch, so that we could put to rest the myth about waiting an hour after eating before you swim. :) Shortly after eating, we began the task of getting all four kids ready to swim and lathered with sun screen. I think my mom was ready to go home after that, as it was quite the chaotic little moment now that everyone crawls and/or walks.

Kiya and I in all our chubby glory :)

Swimming was fun, and all of the kids enjoyed it (well as long as we didn't bring any type of flotation device around Lindsay she did, otherwise she screamed bloody murder). Caiden did very well with all of the kids too - he shuttled Kyle in the raft around and made funny faces to Lindsay, Kyle and Kiya. As you can see from the lack of pictures of Caiden, he became a bit camera shy. He was more focused on fun in the sun than posing for pictures. :P

Kiya and I just swimming along
Kiya floating along...she was a bit tired.
Here Kiya has finally fallen asleep. The excitement was too much for her
Steph and Lindsay splash in the water
And smile...well at least Steph did :P
Just call Caiden the little tugboat...
And I guess I would be the ferry :)
Trying to get Lindsay comfortable with the water. This is only her second time in.
Once we got going, and avoided the flotation devices she was having fun
Caiden graced us with his presence for a picture. :)

4 comments:

Pam said...

I can't believe she fell asleep in the pool. There is absolutely no way I could get Dean to do that!

Wendy said...

Hi you guys. That looks like fun. We can't wait to go again.

HeatherW said...

Ohhhh Kiya looks so cute!! I wonder why Lindsey doesn't like the flotation devices...that is so strange!!

barbatron said...

Nice pool water color!