Friday, September 26, 2008

Girls???? SERIOUSLY????!!!!

My son is four. FOUR YEARS OLD!!!! Remember that as I tell you my story.

A few days ago, I was up at the crack of dawn, as I normally am (a HUGE feat for anyone who knows me as I am NOT a morning person by ANY stretch of the imagination). I was stumbling around getting ready and franctically trying to get the kids ready as well, when Caiden comes up to me and declares that he wants to wear long pants.

Now it is still hot out by us, and we have had this discussion SO many times. He prefers to wear long pants, but it is HOT, and I want him to wear shorts so that he doesn't get overwhelmed by the heat. I am about to embark on my well rehearsed monologue on WHY we wear shorts when it is hot, when he stops me in my tracks with this very mysterious smile.

I look at him, sigh and say. "Ok, Caiden WHY do you want to wear long pants?"

He looks at me all seriously and says. "I want to wear long pants because I need to look good for the girls".

GIRLS!!!! Seriously!!!! He is FOUR YEARS OLD!!!!
Sigh. Since this was so out of the blue, I did not have a good come back for it, so Caiden went proudly to school in long pants. After school I asked him if the girls noticed and were they impressed with his long pants. He gave me a dejected look and said "No".

I asked him if he were hot today in his long pants. He said "A little". And low and behold the next morning, he put on shorts!!! So I guess the moral of the story is. Let your kids dress for the girls and when they don't notice BECAUSE THEY ARE ALSO FOUR, they will wear what you want them to wear the next day :)

4 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

I think the whole thing turned out perfect! You now know that he is interested in girls, Caiden now knows that no matter what he does to impress the girls it won't work and you both know that the best thing in the whole world is to be yourself. A perfect learning experience.......

HeatherW said...

Hey...all guys need to look good for the ladies!! Excellent work Caiden!!

Wendy said...

That is funny. Caiden trying to impress the ladies. : )

Pam said...

ha ha ha