Monday, December 01, 2008

Smarter Than A Pigeon?

I was reading a parenting magazine today, and I came across the following statement:


4: The age at which a child is finally smarter than a pigeon, according to scientists at Keio University in Japan.

My reaction: (after my intial laughter had subsided) was to say Hmm...I would like to see this report. While I do not have much experience with pigeons, I do have experience with my 4 year old son. I hate to argue with Science, but I whole heartedly believe that my son is far superior to a pigeon.

I mean, what does a pigeon really do anyway? They coo and poop. That's the extent of my knowledge of them.

Can pigeons ride bikes? Can pigeons think outside their own pigeon bodies and express compassion and sympathy? Just something to think about...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I would have to agree. I think that Micah just may be smarter than a pigeon and he is only 2. Hmmm.... I wonder what the criteria was that they judged on.

Anonymous said...

Birds have a better understanding and application of aerodynamics than humans. It's what balances out the pooping and cooing to bring them to a 4 year old level.
:p