Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kindergarten Dreams and Pizza Realities?

So Caiden starts Kindergarten soon, and in preparation for his new adventure his class went on a field trip to see the Kindergarten class. So when I picked him up from school, he was so excited to share with me his take on the whole kindergarten situation.

First he showed me his "necklace" aka his name tag. Then he showed me his paper bear that he made in the kindergarten class. But the BIG kicker and the most exciting part of his whole experience went like this (imagine a very excited tone):

Caiden: "Mama, Mama...did you know in Kindergarten they don't have school nutrition"
Me: What do you mean?
Caiden: "Well, mama, in kindergarten you don't have to bring a box lunch. In kindergarten you get pizza EVERY DAY!!!! And did you know that I am going to go to kindergarten? And when I go Mama, you cannot pack me a lunch, because in kindergarten you don't bring your lunch because you get pizza. So don't forget Mama, and tell daddy too."

How funny is that. Kindergarten is like this amazing place to him where they get pizza everyday and the halls are lined with candy and chocolate or something. :P I laughed so hard, I had to call David. He didn't find it as funny as I did. He was more concerned that Caiden would be disappointed when we sent him off to school with a homemade lunch. But really...wouldn't YOU want to go to Kindergarten if you got pizza everyday too :P

2 comments:

HeatherW said...

Sign me up!! I could go for pizza everyday!!

Hart's Haven said...

Caiden will love his new kindergarten class at the school. I think it is a wonderful place! I hope he does get pizza everyday.........