Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kiya's First Birthday!!!!

Can you believe that my little girl has already turned 1 year old?? It just doesn't seem like it has been that long at all! Time flies when you are having fun, and fun with my kids is exactly what I have been having.

We had a birthday party for Kiya to celebrate. While there were some hiccups (let's not even mention the baby cake that I had specially ordered for Kiya as they FORGOT to make it and I ended up with this atrocious thing.) :( Whatever though, right? It's not about the cake. It is about the celebration.



Friends and family joined in our celebration of Kiya's 1st birthday.

Gigi and Kiya
Susan, Dean and Pam

She quite enjoyed the cake, or rather the frosting...proof that she is MY kid...Kiya, Caiden and I ate only the frosting - well I didn't have that much because I have been dieting, but I DID have to try it with Kiya right? :P

Caiden, me, Kiya and Dave singing Happy Birthday to Kiya

Daddy shows Kiya how to "dig in"
Kiya and me :)
Kiya tests the frosting
She likes it :)
Love the face :P
Papa and Dean

After cupcakes and cake, we opened gifts.

Caiden helped Kiya and I open the gifts

Kiya was interested in all of the gifts...

Caiden, Kiya and I look at the bath toys :)

It was so nice to see everyone, and have everyone share in this special day with us. :) I still cannot believe my little monkey is a year! :)

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

We had a great time.....She is getting big, wish we could see her more often.

HeatherW said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday Kiya!! It totally does seem like yesterday...no joke...that she was born!!

What!??! How could they just forget about your cake!?!?!?!?!?

Mel said...

I ordered it over a week ago. I was very specific in what I wanted. They said no problem. I confirmed. They said no problem. I got there. There was a problem. They didn't make it. I was so mad. So they told me that I should walk around the store and they would have it done. She was going to "upgrade" to a bigger cake. I explained what I wanted. I told her I did not WANT a bigger cake as this was a cake for a baby. So it needs to be smaller. She decorated it in this Hawaiian theme and did a full size cake. I said that is not what I wanted. She said. Ok walk around again. I explained what I wanted again. I gave them a picture. I was very specific. Then they made that atrocity. :( And she said...here is the name of my store manager. You tell them how much I helped you.
Sigh....I just walked out. I was so upset. :(

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Kiya! Wow, I would be really mad too. I am glad it looks like you had a good day wtih family and friends.

Pam said...

We had fun. Kiya is adorable!