Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Surprise Egg Hunt?

Well I know it's not quite Easter yet, but a few weeks ago I got a call from Caiden asking me to come home early from work. I decided that I could do that, and arranged to leave earlier than I had originally planned. When I arrived home, I was greeted by Caiden and a big sand bucket.

Dave handed me a note that said something like
"Well I wanted to ride my jeep today but it was raining, so instead we decided to do something nice for you". (this was transcribed by Dave from what Caiden was telling him).

It was cute. He had hidden Easter Eggs all over the house and there were secret prizes in there. Even Dave didn't know everything that was in there. I had 30 minutes and I had to find as many eggs as I could, and the prizes had to be used that night.

I was looking in the drawers in the coffee table, Caiden and Kiya store toys there

I found ALL of the eggs, but only with help from Caiden who didn't quite get the concept that he wasn't supposed to tell me where they were. He LOVED that part, but Dave was getting increasingly frustrated by it. He kept trying to get Caiden to keep it a secret. Caiden was getting increasingly upset as he wanted to help, and hey...I welcomed the help. :P
Looking under the couch...had I know I would be doing this type of investigating, I would have chosen a better outfit :P

Inside the eggs were:
*Pictures that Caiden drew of us
*Money from his own piggy bank, and he gave me "big money" (quarters - his favorite) Now that is love!
* notes with things that I would get like a big hug from Caiden or a smile from Kiya (at her leisure of course)
*Of course Dave added a few notes of his own in there as well.

And at the end we all went out to dinner. They treated me to sushi while they ate Chinese food. It was very sweet and very unexpected. Who would've thunk that I would be coming home to a surprise Easter egg hunt...in February? Not me, but I am sure glad I did :)

1 comments:

butterflydreams said...

love the shoes heels for an egg hunt why not?