Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Grandmother's Day

Every year on Mother's Day, I try to do something for the grandmothers' as well. This year was no exception, and since I have two little ones that are anxious to show their grandmas' how much they love them it was even better.


This year, I decided to go with artwork that they can hang in their homes. Not only will it freeze time (in terms of how old the kids were, and how small their hands were), but it is also lovingly made by the kids themselves...with of course a little help and supervision from me. :P

This was quite the project and we made three of them, but I think they turned out great, and each one is unique. First we took some pastels and traced their hands, and then colored them. Then we used watercolors to finish the look.

The outline and coloring of their hands with pastels...
The painting with watercolors...
Caiden did a great job!!!!

The kids worked hard at them, and were so excited to give them to Gigi, Grammie Sue and Grandma Susan. :)

Art work #2

Art work #3

I think they came out great!!!

3 comments:

butterflydreams said...

Caiden you do awesome artwork
I hope to see you guys soon!

Hart's Haven said...

I loved mine and it is hanging in the kids room downstairs.......

Amanda McWilliams said...

How clever! I like these!