Saturday, July 04, 2009

Katie's Visit



I love it when I get days off. Like LEGITIMATE days off of work, where I don't take a vacation day so I don't have to feel guilty that I'm not hard at work. Days where everyone else isn't working either, so I'm not glued to my phone (I know...it's a sickness...I'm thinking about entering into a 12 step program for workaholics).

Well, yesterday was one of those days. I loved it! Dave was at work, and Katie came over so it was like a girls' day out (but with the kids). We had so much fun. We swam, went shopping, swam again, ate, watched movies, worked out, talked, and just had a great time. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning (of course the kids didn't) and just enjoyed our time.

This is Caiden with his new swim floaties...we are trying to get him to swim on his own, and this is a step in the right direction.
Kiya and myself in the water
Caiden, Kiya and myself playing in the pool

We had popsicles, however the funny part is that both my kids looked confused after they were gone. I think its because neither of them like to have sticky hands...still take a look at the expressions.

Confused Caiden
Did I do that? :P
Katie and Kiya
I love this picture of Caiden :)

I was having so much fun that I didn't even pick up my camera. Lucky for me Katie did, but then the downside is that she wasn't in any pictures :(

Princess with a bug vacuum :)
Caiden is so good to his sister. He is always helping her, and really takes care of her. We are so blessed.

Flash EYEING that granola bar...just waiting...

What a sweet picture as Kiya appreciates Flash, and Flash appreciates the granola.

The next morning, David came home and we all enjoyed a little time together before Katie had to go home.

Katie, thank you for coming...we had SOOOO much fun :)

0 comments: