Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Admit it...you're SOOOO jealous!

I know what you guys are thinking. You don't even need to say it, and I know I would be completely and utterly jealous if I were you too. I mean, here I am a 33 year old (as of the end of August) woman and I ALREADY own my very own walker, potty chair (which I actually don't use as a potty chair, but more to help me take a shower), AND a handcrafted personal hospital-like bed table (made by my handy dandy husband). Can you believe it???? What an overachiever am I!


I KNEW I was on the right track when at the ripe old age of 16 I started receiving brochures for the AARP. I figured if the AARP believed in my that much, who was I to let them down. So I toiled and labored until I too was successfully able to be admitted to the hospital for major surgery to win the fun prizes that you see below.

Well, actually the swiveling personalized bedside table was made especially for me by Dave, so I guess I didn't actually have to EARN that one. I just happen to have a handy husband who enjoys making my life easier. *yea right* :)

And because I know how to cater to my bloggers, I will even post some EXTRA pictures of the handcrafted bedside table. You're welcome. You don't even have to say it. :)

See it swivels inward just like the hospital ones

Or it swivels outward. It's perfect.

And since I'm such a generous and giving person, if you are REALLY nice to me, I might let you take my walker for a spin, or use my bedside table. Again, you're welcome. :) I won't even make you have to get spinal fusion surgery like me (which went well by the way, or so they tell me), to get your own aids. Well, I won't flaunt my success any longer, just try not to get too envious when you look at the pictures ok? :P

4 comments:

Pam said...

Although those pictures were nice, I want pictures of you! And how are you feeling???

Mel said...

i look like crap. You don't want to see me :P. I am one big bruise with three big scars :(. I'm doing ok. Today was a good day for me. My mom came over and she always invigorates me. My problem is that I can't move very well and without the pain meds I'm in incredible pain with no energy. ON pain meds I'm useless, loopy, sleepy, and frankly the world feels like its going very fast around me, but I'm in slow motion. It's hard for me to read or process information because I can't focus on the words as they move too fast for my slow eyes.

I'm doing well though, I guess :P Today was the first day I felt well enough to actually get the computer out.

Hart's Haven said...

All the comforts of the hospital at home! Hope you can at least sleep all night.
Remember each day will get better and the outcome will be awesome!!!!!!

HeatherW said...

I gotta be honest...I am not jealous AT ALL!! You can keep all this stuff for just you!!

Get well soon!!