Friday, September 15, 2006

Choose your own Adventure...?


It's 12pm, Friday afternoon (Well, I guess you already guessed that it was afternoon since I said 12pm, but go with it), and I am camped out in a dark office typing away on my laptop when the door to the office opens, and in pops Dave! He boldly tells me to pack up and that we are going for an adventure - and even better an adventure that has been approved by my boss (meaning I get the rest of the day off) :P


Well, seeing that I was assigning accounts to my team (which I dislike doing), I anxiously packed up while Dave provided cryptic clues to what our adventure might be. As we stroll out to the parking lot, I see Dave's truck and my father-in-law's trailer sitting right behind. I quickly deduce (because my years of college and Grad school have allowed me to do so) that we are going camping.



It was amazing. We went hiking, kayaking, had a couple's massage, torched marshmallows over the fire (well, I torched marshmallows - Dave sat patiently and browned them) for s'mores and simply enjoyed Big Bear. It was a much needed reprieve from my rather chaotic life and it was MUCH appreciated. Thank you Hon. I owe ya one! :)


3 comments:

Pam said...

How cute. Sounds like you guys had fun!

Mel said...

We did have fun. It was nice to just relax...oh and the sleeping part was so nice. Wendy, I'm sure you can relate :)

Wendy said...

Wow... I totally missed this post somehow until right now as I was looking back over your blog. That sounds totally fun. What a great idea David had. I am glad you enjoyed it. You two needed some down time and YES sleep is a very valuable commodity when you have a kid. : )