Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Passive Aggressive Drivers Beware!



I have a theory. A theory about those annoying people that sit in the fast lane on the freeway doing 20 mph UNDER the speed limit and refuse to move over a lane or God forbid do the unthinkable and actually get OUT of the fast lane and move into the slow lane. These are the same people that also tend to sit in front of me after a long day of work as I am driving Ortega Highway (a well know two lane, curvy, windy, and otherwise dangerous mountain road).

Now I spend a lot of time driving. If I were a mathematically inclined person, I would insert the exact amount of time that I actually spend in the car here. Thankfully for all of you reading this, I am not. (Although I am sure that I will be told by either my lead or my husband (both mathematically inclined individuals) exactly how much time I spend sitting on my rear in the car). Anyway, I digress. The point of my rather wordy story is that I spend an awful lot of time on the road, and thus feel justified and worthy to develop a theory on people's driving habits.

My theory goes something like this. These people that sit in the lanes and refuse to move are passive aggressive. They exert no actual control in their own lives, so they feel that they MUST control the lives of others (if only for a moment). These people are married to or otherwise influenced by more dominant individuals that tell them what to do, say, think, etc... This frustrates them, but they lack the will power or strength to grow a backbone and stand their ground. They DO feel a small twinge of a backbone while in their stinkin' 4 wheel car driving in front of me, as my son repeats over and over. "I want chocolate milk!" "Mama, mama, mama, mama" (in a sing songy voice). They are the same people that sit on the two lane road of Ortega Highway, taking the curves at 20mph, practically stopping every time they see a car coming the opposite direction of them on the road, refusing to take turnouts, and all of a sudden develop a lead foot on the straight-aways (where I could actually pass them). These people think they have the right to hold me hostage...to waste precious moments of MY day that could be spent doing more important things like updating my blog :) Well, to these people I say, "No More!!". You will NOT sit there in front of me causing me heartache and grief and get away with it. No...you will be added to my blog. *da da duhhhhh...insert cheesy scary music here*

This particular scenario happened to me on the way home from work yesterday. (see the above picture). This rather annoying P.A.D. (Passive Aggressive Driver), spent the entire 1.5 hour drive in front of me, making a game of slowing down and then speeding up. I finally couldn't take it anymore and grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. This so unnerved the driver that they swerved into the other lane in search of their camera phone to take pictures of me. (Ha! I like my picture taken, snap away!) :) As you can see, the car in front of me as well as the car in front of the car in front of it (did you follow that - stay with me now) were both P.A.Ds. The car in front of the car in front of me however was just as irritated as me. We spent the entire trip trying to rid ourselves of these crappy P.A.D.s.

Now before I get a bunch of negative comments. I did behave myself. I did, I swear! I ONLY took out my camera and took pictures. I did not...I repeat....I did not swerve into the other lane of the two lane road and cut the P.A.D. off, and then slam on my brakes like I wanted.

So, for all of you P.A.D.s or potential P.A.D.s beware!! I am on the lookout, and I am armed with a digital camera!
Ok, ok. So I'm not ALL bad. I DID fuzz out their license plate :)


3 comments:

Pam said...

I am so with you!

Maybe it's because we drive so much, but I also HATE P.A.D.s. And I kind of wish you had been able to do something more annoying.

My idea is to come up with some sort of device that sends out a very annoying noise straight into their vehicle. That way I can get my paybacks.

Wow, I sound really evil. :)

Wendy said...

That sounds really annoying. I hate people like that.

Mel said...

It is REALLY annoying. Thank you for sharing in my irritation :P