Sunday, December 03, 2006

The 1st Online Santa Competition!

Drum Roll Please!!!!

For those of you who know me, I collect Santa Clauses. I started doing this about 2-3 years ago, shortly after Dave and I moved into our house in Old Town Orange. I don't know what came over me (maybe too much Egg nog, or dreams of snowy white Christmases), but I have taken a liking to Santa Claus...and I haven't stopped collecting since. I tend to like "different" Santas...not the typical red coat, red hat thing.

Well, as many things with me are...I have found a way to turn this into a competition, but to appreciate the competition I have to tell you its origins. When the collection bug first bit me, I found 2 Santa Clauses that I liked, but I really could only afford one. I liked them both, but I tended to lean more towards this particular Santa (I am desperately trying to refrain from telling you which one as not to skew the results), however Dave liked a different one. We eventually bought both Santa Clauses, however I was not happy unless I converted Dave, and he liked MY Santa more.

Each time someone came to our house, I would have them vote on which Santa they liked better. So, now that my collection has grown a bit. I thought I would take this to the web.

I have named the Santas to make it a bit easier. Please cast your vote by posting a comment. May the best Santa win!!!!!

Woodland Santa

Victorian Santa

Swiss Alps Santa

Purple Santa

Velvet Santa

Mystic Santa

Snowy Santa

Elf-like Santa

8 comments:

Pam said...

I vote for Woodland Santa!

Anonymous said...

Purple Santa

Anonymous said...

Woodland Santa for me.

Anonymous said...

Another vote for The Woodland Santa

Wendy said...

Woodland Santa again.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I was going to say Woodland Santa too! But runners up include Mystic Santa for his very randomness and Snowy Santa for his etherial look. Elf-Like Santa is perhaps the most disturbing.

Anonymous said...

So where's the rest of the story? Who's Santa has won the competition? Yours? Or did the competition go awry with David's being the most liked?

Anonymous said...

So where's the rest of the story? Who's Santa has won the competition? Yours? Or did the competition go awry with David's being the most liked?