Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Girl's Day Out!



Thankfully, my sister in law Wendy Budd just celebrated her 10th year wedding anniversary. The reason I say thankfully is because her husband flew her down to the LA area to stay the night at the same hotel that they stayed at the first night they became man and wife! How romantic, but why is that good for me?

Well, it's good for me because I got to see my cute nephew Micah AND I got to go out for a girl's day out with...well...the girls. The girls being my mother-in-law Sue, Wendy, Pam and myself. Jeff (Wendy's husband) and Jim (Caiden's grandpa) were nice enough to watch Caiden and Micah so we could blow off a little steam.

I had a lot of fun. I can't tell you how much I needed this. Pam had a great idea to go out to lunch with the gang, go shopping a bit and then go to a spa for some massages and facials. Ahh!!!! What a genius Pam is!

Pam found this local spa that none of us had ever been to. It was quite reasonable for what you got, and was just what the doctor ordered (if I went to a doctor and he ordered it that is) :P

Pam and Sue got facials, while Wendy and I relaxed with massages. After the treatments we all got together to compare notes. It was my first time getting a deep tissue massage, but my masseuse seemed a bit friendly (extra touchy feely). Let’s just say I feel that she got to know me pretty well. At one point she even got on the table with me. Is that normal for a deep tissue massage?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun. It was nice to go out to lunch and go to the spa and just hang out and have some fun. Thank you girls…we must do it again soon!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hooray for the girls getting together. We need to do that more often!

Wendy said...

I so enjoyed our time together. I have so much fun when "the girls" hang out. We will have to do it again soon. I wish I lived closer. : (