Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm A Winner!!!



I know, hard to believe, eh? I actually won something. Me? With my bad luck?! I have to say I was just as surprised as you are...although I am more honored than anything else. At my work we have this program where you can nominate someone for doing an excellent job. It is called the Circle of Excellence award. Within that award, a committee chooses the most impressive examples and awards them the award (also known as the "Inner Circle". Over 1500 entries were submitted, but only 150 people were selected across the country for the Inner Circle award, and I was one of them. Can you believe it!

In addition to being honored publicly by my work, they are also sending me and Dave on an all expenses paid vacation to Boca Raton, Florida. It's a pretty sweet location. We get to choose an activity from the list below:

* Catamaran Day Sail with Snorkel Sailing
* Chocolates of the World Cooking Class
* Everglades Tour
* Manicure and Pedicure at the Salon di Palazzo
* Resort Golf Academy
* Stone Therapy at the Spa Palazzo
* Sugar Cane Body Scrub at the Spa Palazzo
* Swedish Massage at the Spa Palazzo
* Worth Avenue and City Place Shopping



We chose the Evergloades Tour as we have done the catamaran thing (and I don't think that I am in snorkeling condition right now (plus, don't they have Sharks in Florida); chocolates not really my thing; nor is golf. I couldn't picture Dave getting a mani and pedi (not to mention I HATE my feet touched); the Spa stuff I wanted to do, but Dave said we could do that here, but we can't do the everglades tour. So we will be doing the everglades tour. That tour encompases:

Experience Florida’’s "River of Grass," an expansive wilderness area of unmatched beauty. View the wonders of nature as you glide through the sawgrass to discover an abundance of wildlife and plants unique to North America. The beauty of the endless flat land of marshes awes visitors to the Everglades and tree islands extending as far as the eye can see. Rare and endangered species, like the American Alligator and the Florida Everglade Kite cohabit with river otters, bobcats and white tailed deer. A one- hour airboat ride will bring all the beauty of the Everglades alive. Professional guides explain and help you examine the various wildlife of the area. There is an alligator exhibit and an authentic Seminole Indian Village on the premises. A box lunch is included with this activity.


Inclusions: Roundtrip transportation, Naturalist with live animals, One-hour Air Boat Ride, Gratuities
Length of Activity: 4 hours, including 50-minute transfer each way
What To Wear and Bring: Comfortable clothing, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
Restrictions: None


You can see where we are going by visiting www.bocaresort.com.

They have some activities planned for us, but they also give us some free time to relax and enjoy. There are different events and dress codes...I have to bring a semi formal dress...hmmm...maybe I will post a few choices and you guys can choose.

Anyway, I am truly honored, and extremely excited. I hope things work out so that it is a fun trip :) Keep your fingers crossed! :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so cool Melissa. I think rather than "winning" this trip, it sounds like you earned it with hard work and excellence. You go girl. : )
I agree with David about the activity you chose. You may only be there once in your life so I would take some time to see the sights.
I want to hear and see all about it when you return. What dates will you go?

Hart's Haven said...

That is sooooo awesome Melissa, you should be very proud of earning this award. You deserve it! I hope you both have a wonderful time, I think you picked the best tour.
Love you Mom

Pam said...

Awesome. When do you get to go?