Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Wilson Wedding


Last Sunday, one of Dave's good friends (John Wilson) married the sister of one of Dave's other good friends (Rob Hulse - sister is Jennifer Hulse). I was excited to go, and really looking forward to it. I love weddings. They are beautiful, and happy and loving, and...well, they are weddings. I normally become mush as the bride walks down the aisle to her husband to be, and spend the remainder of the wedding in tears. Thankfully, I was able to control myself this wedding. It was beautiful. They had the ceremony in a Chapel in Old Towne Orange (very close to where Dave and I used to live). The Chapel had beautiful stained glass windows that said "Hope", "Faith", "Peace".




Dave looked good in a green suit, and I wore a new brown dress that I purchased a few months back, but had no excuse to wear. Caiden of course wore his Firefighter jacket and his snow boots (which he calls his “fire fire boots”), as frankly we couldn’t convince him to wear something else. At least we were attending the wedding of a firefighter!




It was a beautiful ceremony where the groom's father presided over the special event, and the bride and groom wrote their own vows. John was so sweet as he carefully helped his new wife down the Chapel stairs, the love in the air was palpable. What a cute couple. The newlyweds walked out of the Chapel to the sounds of a bagpipes played by a man wearing an authentic kilt. Very nice. Good thing it wasn’t windy. 


After the ceremony, David and I decided to walk down to “the Circle” and get a cup of coffee prior to going to the reception. This is where the fun part of the miscarriage took place. I will spare you the details, but I will say that the whole event of leaving the Chapel was both a relief, terrifying, humiliating, embarrassing and forced Dave and I to rely on perfect strangers to assist me so that I could compose myself. Let’s just leave it at that. Needless to say, we did not get coffee, but we did end up going to the reception (after I was able to compose myself…I knew how much this wedding meant to Dave and how important it was that he be there).

The reception was beautiful. We were not able to stay for a long time due to the more graphic events that occurred while walking out of the Chapel, however we were able to see the couple have their first dance, have a nice dinner, and Caiden even found a girlfriend. There was this really cute little girl that kept trying to kiss Caiden and dance with him. It was so cute.






Caiden and his dancing partner

The bride and groom (Mr. and Mrs. Wilson) and Dave and Caiden

Rob, Bridget and Gavin Hulse

Caiden, Dave and I

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the pictures of Caiden with the little girl. How cute she was trying to kiss him. What a ladies man. And you all looked very nice. You clean up good. : ) I couldn't watch the video, but I will try again tomorrow.

Hart's Haven said...

Great Pics! You all look sooooo good.
We loved the video of Caiden dancing and laughed so hard when she went to dance with the other little boy and Caiden looked so rejected.

Mel said...

I thought it was so cute when Caiden was dancing with the little girl too. He had so much fun.