Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Work of Art for Caiden



Dave and I decided that we wanted to have another mural in Caiden’s room, like we did in the old house. We searched for the perfect mural, and finally came upon this picture of a man throwing a little boy up in the air at the beach with a woody on the sand.

Well, we have actually gone to the beach with Dave throwing Caiden up in the air, and I was standing there taking pictures of it. So we enlisted the help of our friend Teri who painted this amazing mural. I asked her if she would add me in there taking a picture which she did (and she made me thin!!!! *artistic liberty I’d say*). It has taken about 2 months to complete as Teri is meticulous and thorough. She has become our own resident artist. It came out great. We are SO happy. Take a look at the journey.

Thank you Teri...it is perfect!











4 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

The room looks totally beautiful! I bet it even looks better for real. I saw it when it was partially done and she did an incredible job.
Just remember Melissa you ARE as thin as the picture! You have been doing great........

Anonymous said...

Amazing. It looks so great. He is a lucky boy!

Pam said...

Wow, how cool. It looks like Caiden really likes it too. :)

Wendy said...

That is neat! Isn't that the picture you had hanging up but I lot smaller? I always liked that picture. It looks great.