Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Caiden turns 3!!!!!




Yesterday was Caiden's birthday and Auntie Pam and Uncle Jake took Caiden and I out to eat. The food was delicious, and the company was even better. I miss going out with them, and it was nice to see each other and just hang out. Caiden was a bit of a pill (probably sugar overload...I had taken cupcakes to Caiden's school for him to share with his friends and classmates, and then as you can see Caiden was not lacking in the sugar department here either). Poor Jake seemed to be working hard to get Caiden to smile and not a smirk, until later in the night. This is where the sugar kicked in. At the conclusion of the night, Caiden was serenading Pam and Jake with his own special song.




At the end of the dinner they gave Caiden a HUGE dessert. Now, I would love to say that I was good and did not eat a bite, unfortunately I believe I was caught red handed (as you can tell in one of these pictures). Oh well, I paid for it. I stepped on the scale this morning and was 2 lbs heavier. Ugh!






Papa Jim and Grammie Sue called during dinner to sing Happy Birthday to Caiden, as did Dave, and Papa Lance and Grandma Susan left a nice message for him wishing him a happy birthday when we got home. Auntie Wendy had called the day before right before we went out to Ruby's for dinner. He had SO MUCH FUN, but I have to say I was glad when he laid down for the night. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Caiden (a bit late, or a day early depending on which you count). And Melissa, I don't think that a few bites of icecream can make you gain two pounds.

Pam said...

We had lots of fun. We'll definitely have to do it again soon! We miss you guys. :)