Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Caiden and his Fire House


For Caiden's birthday, his Aunt's Wendy and Pam (and families) bought him a Fire House Tent. As everyone pretty much knows, Caiden is OBSESSED (understatement of the year) with becoming a firefighter just like his daddy and Papa (Jim). He has very strict rules about becoming a firefighter and kindly reminds me that I am NOT a firefighter like himself, Papa and daddy. Of course being the feminist that I am, I probed my 3-year-old to see if he was saying this because I had somehow failed as a mother and he had some sexist preconceived notions of what a firefighter was. Thankfully, I was just overthinking the whole situation (I mean he IS 3)and I was not a firefighter in his eyes because I don't work at the fire house, not because I am a woman.



Anyway, Caiden LOVES his new Fire house tent. There are rules upon entry:
The rules I have figured out thus far are:
1. You MUST be invited by Firefighter Caiden Bonney
2. A fire helmet MUST be in the Fire House at all times
3. You must not wear shoes in the Fire house
4. Dogs are NOT allowed in the fire house
5. You must not peer in the windows of the fire house without expressed permission





He likes to sleep in the Fire House, so Dave and I got the firefighter blanket that we had purchased for him at Christmas, and decided it was a go. Bad move on our part as the Fire House is located in the Play room...the play room has toys, the toys get used, Caiden gets very little sleep and in turn I get very little sleep.

The fire house is very cute and quite large.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heheheh this post was very funny. I love all of Caidens little rules for entering the fire house! :)

And that baby in the pictures is SOOOO CUTE!!

p.s.
Aspen and Gracie are very upset that dogs are not allowed in the house. :(

Wendy said...

I am glad that he likes the fire house so much. The rules are hilarious.

Hart's Haven said...

I guess I should feel honored that I got to visit the firehouse.
Thanks firefighter Caiden Logan Bonney!