Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Firehouse and the Family


Auntie Wendy, Cousin Micah and Grammie Sue all came up today for a visit with Caiden, Dave and I. Unfortunately, Caiden is feeling under the weather (bad fever and apparently the flu - according to the doctor). He did very well considering. He even let Auntie Wendy, Cousin Micah and Grammie Sue in his Fire House - Very High honors.

Here are a few pictures of them playing in the firehouse. Notice how big it is...very roomy.






Caiden also showed his woodworking skills, while maintaining his professional firefighter role the whole time. He even lowered his voice and spoke in his manly voice when he spoke, and strutted around. I wonder who he learned that from. Of course it could not be me, because as we all know from the first post...I am NOT a firefighter in Caiden's eyes.




The funny part is that Caiden likes to pretend that he is either talking to Dave or Papa Jim on the radio when he pretends to be a firefighter. I guess those are the only people he can talk to as they are the only firefighters. He "pretended" to speak to papa on the radio, but refused to speak to him on the phone in real life. He was too busy fighting fires with Papa in "firefighter Caiden" land to take a moment to let reality intervene. :)

3 comments:

butterflydreams said...

Very serious firefighter
looks like sooo much fun

Pam said...

Those pictures are great. I wonder if I'd be allowed in the firefighter house.

Wendy said...

I had such a good time with our visit. I wasn't aware at the time the high honor of being let into the fire house. Now I am more appreciative.