Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter At The Firehouse




Poor Dave...he had so looked forward to a holiday with the family. His schedule is such that he pretty much works every major holiday. This was one of the few that he got off. Unfortunately, his work had other plans for him - he was force hired for the day.

Since he couldn't go to brunch with us, and wasn't able to see Caiden participate in the Easter Egg hunt that my mom took him to - we thought that we would bring Easter to Dave.






Caiden played the role of the Easter bunny and handed out Chocolate bunnies to the firefighters. Dave then staged an Easter egg hunt, so that he could share that with Caiden. We even played a little basketball!





Of course when we were all done with Easter egg hunting, and chocolate giving, Caiden HAD to go play on the fire trucks.








Caiden had a very long day, and quietly sat in the backseat on our ride home. I had specifically told him not to eat ANY MORE CHOCOLATE. His response, "Mama I just looking". Uh huh. When things got a little too quiet, I peeked back at Caiden only to find him asleep with his face COVERED in chocolate. So much for "Just Looking". I would have taken a picture, but I was driving. He was so cute...and had been so good all day, I couldn't resist smiling.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I'm glad you guys got to spend a little bit of time with David on Easter.

Wendy said...

I was going to say the same thing. Nice to share a holiday.