Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Brunch



On Easter, Caiden and I woke up early and hiked it down to the OC to meet my mom, sister and brother-in-law for brunch. Dave got force hired (when they force them to work), so he was unable to come.




We first met over at my sister's house and then went to the Original Pancake house. It was yummy, but the waitress was a bit rude. She tossed our food around, and reminded me so much of the chick from "Mel's diner" (the old TV show) that I half expected her to say "Kiss my grits". Honestly, I would not be completely surprised if she was the offspring of that actress. Caiden even entertained us with his "sour face" - he was showing it off to Gigi (my mom).



I ordered Swedish pancakes with Ligonberries, while Dave (brother-in-law) ordered some kind of German something or other (it looked a bit like a cake that had deflated in the oven. Honestly, I don't think it was very filling anyway, because he ate some of my breakfast, my mom's breakfast and Steph's breakfast. Caiden was too fast for him). :) My mom had the same thing as me (she REFUSED to share with me, so I had to get my own), and Steph had strawberry waffles (or wassles as Caiden calls them).






Caiden was self entertaining...he just needed a menu and an audience. He played peek-a-boo and other such games with us while we waiting for Flo (the name of the Kiss my grits character on Mel's diner) to get her act together and give us our food while it was still warm.





It was all very yummy and gave us some good bonding time. Plus, it gave us some time to try and convince Dave and Steph that they needed to get ready for their babies soon. They don't even have CAR SEATS!!!!! Steph seems to think that the date that they set for her C-section is THE DATE. Seriously, someone needs to tell the babies this. :)

We then went back to Steph's house where we relaxed for a bit before Caiden and I went to visit Dave at the Firehouse. Steph and Caiden relaxed on the John Deere pillow I made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Original Pancake House MY FAVORITE! Why wasn't I invited!?!?

Hart's Haven said...

What a great Easter, I'm glad that you got to spend it with family and Dave.