Monday, April 23, 2007

My Husband, the Hero?


So, I have always felt that it is my personal mission to keep David a bit grounded. For those of you who know him, he can be a bit...how do I say it...well, his ego can get a bit inflated and sometimes out of check. He's got enough confidence for the both of us. :) Which most of time is a good thing, however every now and then I have been known to give him a reality check

However, I think he just gave ME the reality check. He was recently informed that he will be a recipient for the 2007 Lifesaving Award, one of the three awards that are given annually to exceptional performances by a firefighter. David is one of 4 people on his crew that will be receiving this high honor for a Trench rescue that they were involved in. I remember him telling me about his trench rescue experience, but I didn't think that it would result in an award. I just thought it was just another day at the office for him. I always love hearing about his stories...his day seems so much more exciting than mine. :P

Anyway, there will be an awards ceremony and dinner in May that he will need to attend. I'm excited...Did I really marry a hero? I just wanted to write a little blurb here to publicly say that I am proud of him. He has put a lot of effort, energy and passion into his job, and it has really paid off. Congratulations Dave! I am SO proud of you!!!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS David!

Pam said...

Congrats to David.

Hart's Haven said...

Jim and I also are very proud of Dave.......
Our thoughts and prayers are always with him at work. He has a job that can be very emotional and difficult at times, It's nice to see him acknowledged.