Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's a Girl!!!!!!!

I recently got back from vacation (a cruise to the Mexican Riveria - pictures to be posted shortly...my sister is fixing my computer so I don't have it to post things with), and returned just in time for my doctor's appt.

Well, we found out!!! We are having a GIRL!!!!! Caiden will be so happy because he wanted a sister! Dave, to be honest looked like he was watching paint dry when we were watching the ultrasound. The ultrasound tech positioned it on the baby (like the baby was sitting on a glass coffee table) and then threw up the words "It's a girl". Of course I was cheering. Frankly I would have stood up and jumped up and down if I didn't have goo all over my belly with the ultrasound equipment emanating a picture for us.

The only glitch was that my placenta was in the front as opposed to the back. They call this Placenta Previa, which can be concerning. If this is persistent it can cause bleeding, and will lead me to have a C-section (which you all know I am EXTREMELY opposed to since I am the "all-natural-no-needles-thank-you-very-much girl). The doctor said that I should not be concerned at this point, that she thinks that the placenta will move into the appropriate spot, and things will be fine. She said they typically don't take measurements or look at placement at this stage (4 months), and that the ultrasound tech was just being nice and taking measurements. She said not to be concerned, but you know me, always the worry wart.

Anyway, wanted to deliver (no pun intended) the good news. I am SO excited, and Dave is now too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Any names picked out?

Mel said...

Yes. Kiya is the chosen name, but we are working out the middle name at this point. We are going to talk more about it tonight. When I was pregnant with Caiden we had Kiya for a girl and Caiden for a boy. Well, we had a boy, so Caiden it was. Now we are having a girl, so we figured we would go with our other chosen name.

I still can't believe that I am having a girl. Bows and dresses are in my future :)

Anonymous said...

How pretty. Very feminine. I like it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so excited!! Caiden is wonderful but I love little girls and I LOVE pink!!!!!!!!!!!

butterflydreams said...

I am so happy for you! I am trying to contain myself but there will be dresses and very beautiful PINK stuff and of course something ORANGE for my big boy! I miss you guys hope to see you soon God has truely blessed your family again

Wendy said...

Congrats. It will be interesting if we have a girl and there are two Kiya's in the family. Maybe a little confusing but I guess that is life. At least the spelling will be different. We will go with the more traditional spelling of the name, Kaia. Hope the rest of your week is better.

Anonymous said...

That seems a little strange. Im sure you could find another name just as beautiful. It doesnt seem like it would be fair to the little girls to give them the same name.