Monday, September 10, 2007

Kiya Update - Still a Girl!

Sorry I have not posted lately. I have been in a mood where I don't want to DO anything. Of course, this means that I have cleaned the house, and started pruning the outside, but trust me...I didn't want to do anything.

I officially now can't sleep as I get kicked throughout the night. Caiden has become morning boy which normally means about 2 minutes before my alarm clock goes off he very cutely sticks his face in mine and says in the sweetest, most adorable voice "it's wake up time? Can I cuddle?". I never knew how important two minutes were to me. I usually resist the urge not to moan 5 more minutes, and try with all my might not to roll over away from him (for fear of hurting his feelings). He is just so sweet and cute.

On Friday, Dave, Caiden and I hiked it to the doctor. We had a more intensive ultrasound where they looked at Kiya's heart (made sure the ventricles were working properly), looked at her kidneys, bladder, brain, took measurements...confirmed that we are definitely STILL having a girl!

She is measuring average, but a bit larger than Caiden was. I believe that she said that she is currently 14 ounces, or did she say 12. I can't remember. Anyway, I gained quite a bit of weight along with Kiya...I'm having a bit of a hard time with that. I believe I have gained about 10lbs total so far, but I can't be sure as I avoid the scale at all cost. I don't really want to make it more of an issue than it needs to be. I think that it has to do with me not doing my S factor classes anymore, and to be honest I haven't replaced it with ANY kind of exercise. It had been so hot that walking to the mailbox was out of the question, so I have opted for the easier approach...just sit.

The good news is that the Placenta Previa is now gone, so I am once again a good candidate for a natural (yes, ladies...all natural, no epidural, needles, anything intrusive) childbirth again. I am so happy about that...I was really dreading a medical birth, including a possible c-section (yikes). Well, it looks like all that is behind me now, or at least I hope so. :)

1 comments:

butterflydreams said...

I am so happy for you