Sunday, September 02, 2007

Caiden's First Earthquake

Caiden experienced his first earthquake today. It was quite funny actually because he ran up to Dave and asked him why he was stomping on the house to make it move. Hey, I'm just thankful he didn't ask me that :)

Dave explained that that was an earthquake. Of course Caiden asked Why as that is the stage that he is in right now. Dave asked Caiden if he was scared, and he said no. He thought it was fun. Dave said that's because he is too niave to be scared.

I guess the earthquake was centered in Lake Elisnore, which is right down the way from us. It was a 4.7. Hopefully we don't have any aftershocks that we can feel...I'm not the biggest fan of earthquakes...especially when they are SO close to my house.

Hmm, maybe I should invest in some earthquake insurance.

4 comments:

butterflydreams said...

I wish I could tell you the why? stage will end but my 9 yr. old is driving me crazy with the same thing. I guess we just have really smart kids who want to know everything.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. Danny had just gone out to the garage the second before, so I thought either that was an earthquake or Danny did something really bad in the garage...to be honest I thought he did something!! :)

Wendy said...

wow, I haven't felt an earthquake in ages. They are scary but fun too in a way if they are not bad enough that people get hurt.

Pam said...

Wow, it has been awhile since I felt an earthquake also.