Monday, September 10, 2007

Steph And My Birthday Celebration

My sister and I are 3 years and 4 days apart. I guess I was supposed to be born on my sister's birthday, but my mom felt it important to give me my own. Since I was a C-Section baby, she had the luxury to do so.

In honor of our birthdays this year, we went over to my sister's house and celebrated with a few family members. It was nice, but TOO HOT. It was 109 degrees in Yorba Linda!!! Needless to say, we all stayed inside in the air conditioning.

I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few. Caiden and my mom Gigi were doing connect the dots. I bought a few educational books from Target at the dollar bin (great deal) and Caiden has been doing really well with them. Caiden is just learning to connect the dots, so Gigi was very patient with him.
Gigi patiently teaching Caiden to connect the dots
Caiden showing Gigi where the next line should be drawn
Caiden drawing the line that he pre-visualized
Cute pic of grandma and grandson

Dave worked hard trying to recruit people over to the dark side...that is to the world of WOW (World of Warcraft). Interesting though. Notice, how it starts with Dave and Phil (my stepfather), then my sister comes into the picture. Then they get even closer. Like bugs to light...then zap!!! Completely entranced...drawn into the light, and the zap! Life as you know it is gone (or in the bug's case...they are dead). A rather good analogy, right? :)

Here is how it starts. Phil looks on from a distance
Steph and Phil look on from a distance as Dave plays WOW
Steph and Phil move closer...as Dave lures them in like moths to a flame.

3 comments:

butterflydreams said...

I can not believe he brought that THING to the party - I am so glad Bryan does not have a lap top.
We had my party on this miserable hot day too but I don't have A/C

Hart's Haven said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm glad Jeanie and Phil got to see Caiden too. He is such a good boy!

Wendy said...

He couldn't leave it at home for your party! I would kill Jeff.