Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gigi & The Pumpkin Patch

It sounds like a children's story I know, but it was Caiden and my Saturday. It was so much fun.

The Pumpkin Factory sign
My Little Pumpkin

My mom aka Gigi came out towards my house to go to a pumpkin patch with Caiden and I. They had everything there, but of course everything also has it's price. They had a race track where you could race John Deere lawnmowers, a bounce house, a bunch of sliders (most with height requirements that Caiden didn't quite meet yet), face painting booth, food stand, petting zoo, photography area and of course pumpkins!
Caiden the scarecrow...he wasn't quite sure why he was doing this.
So Gigi and I thought we would show him how it looks
Ever seen a scarecrow with glasses?

Now you KNOW you live in the boondocks when they have a lawnmower racing area in your local pumpkin patch. It was the FIRST thing that Caiden wanted to do, and he did GREAT!! My mom was a bit apprehensive, but I assured her that Caiden is a pro since he has the jeep. He did very well.
Look at Caiden running for the race track
He had so much fun.

We then went into the bounce house - the Scooby Doo bounce house. Now, bouncing Caiden was fine with, however it took some coaxing for him to climb up the rope and slide down the slide. He loves slides, but he is cautious just like his ol' mama. :) I stood on the side with the slide and tried to convince him to come see me, and my mom stood on the side with the rope and tried to encourage him to climb up there. Once he took the plunge he loved it and wanted to do it over and over again.
Post bounce house...after a successful slide down the bounce house slide
The back part of the machine was a bounce house, the front a slide for younger kids
inside the bounce house

After the bounce house we went to the petting zoo where we could go in and feed the animals. They had chickens, a pig, ducks, sheep and lots of goats. I liked the pig. I even got the pig to lay down so I could scratch its belly. So cute. Caiden enjoyed feeding the animals.
holding his ice cream cone of food for the animals
the goats
the chickens - LOVE the hair
the ducks...they were playing in the water
this is the pig I befriended

We then took some pictures with the pumpkins and then Caiden got his face painted. He wanted an orange dragon. He picked out the colors and everything. The guy did it in like 3 minutes, he was very fast. I was impressed.

Caiden and I
Gigi and Caiden
Caiden and I in the wheelbarrow
Caiden's dragon - he couldn't wait to go home and show daddy

We had so much fun. After the pumpkin patch we went out to lunch, where Caiden scored a piece of cake (for free) from the cashier because she thought he was so cute. She even topped it with loads of cherries because he wanted cherries so much. He was so excited. All in all it was a very good day, and we had a lot of fun with Gigi. It's fun to make memories like this.
Caiden SO excited about his cake with cherries
Caiden couldn't wait - he had to taste some of the cherries before we got home
He SWORE he wasn't tired. This was maybe 3 minutes after I started driving. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love October and I LOVE pumpkin patches!! This one looks like the best pumpkin patch!!! So much fun!!

butterflydreams said...

Love the john deer can your bother in law get caiden one?
I agree with Heather gotta love October :)

Pam said...

That really is good to paint his face that well in 3 minutes.

Hart's Haven said...

Well I'm finally home with some time to blog. I loved all your pictures. It looks like Caiden and Dave had fun with their knight outfits. And the pictures of the pumpkin patch were wonderful. Caiden must have had lots of fun. He is so lucky to have his grandma Gigi to take him such great places......
Love you all Mom

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Specially the lawnmower races. Yeehaw!!!!

Wendy said...

Yeah for fun days like that. Very cool orange dragon. What was up with those chickens? : )