Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hide-N-Seek In The Car?

So I love the fact that my son is creative. He is a non-stop talker, which cannot possibly be genetic as I asked my mom and she said that I wasn't like this, but nonetheless creative.

So the other day, Dave and I are driving to go pick out our Christmas tree (pictures to follow when I feel like plugging my computer back in), and Caiden says "Mama, I want to play a game".

Me: "Ok Caiden. What do you want to play?"
Cadien: Hide and Seek
Me: Um...ok, but we are in the car...there's not going to be much hiding or seeking.
Caiden: I am going to close my eyes and count, and you need to hide.
Me: Umm...sure...*looking at David quite amused and confused as to where I am supposed to hide...I am both large and in a seatbelt...not a good combo for hiding and seeking*
Caiden: *eyes shut, hands over his eyes* "1,2,3..."
Me: *Ducking behind the headrest*
Caiden: *he opens his eyes and says* "there you are. I found you!" *laughing hysterically*

Hmm...so is this creativity, or a desire to win very easily at a game? Either way I thought it was pretty comical. Hide-n-seek in the car...really? :)

6 comments:

butterflydreams said...

Well he did find you and did play a game in the car... good for him can't wait to see pictures of the tree it must smell wonderful we have the fake tree and just spray pine tree scent

Mel said...

We have a fake tree in our garage that my mom gave me, but Dave insists on a real tree.

I like the smell too, but to be honest it is not that aromatic (sp?). We had it flocked so I think that contains the smell a little. I will have to go to the tree farm and ask for some extra branches. We also got a Douglas Fir tree, which I believe doesn't have such a strong scent.

Wendy said...

He must take after David. He has to win. : )

Hart's Haven said...

It reminds me of one night we were bringing Caiden up to the mountains late and he was playing peek-a-boo with the moon. We were switchbacking up the mountain so after each turn the moon would disappear and then I would say the moon was peeking at him and he would look out all the windows until he found it and then laugh hysterically until it disappeared again.

Mel said...

I taught him the thing about the moon because he would get bored with the long drive, so I would make up games about finding the moon, or talking about where it was. It was something to do to pass the time and take his mind off the driving. It was when we took Oretga, so the moon was blocked by the mountains and hills.

Pam said...

I was going to say the same thing as Wendy. He probably likes to win and got it from David. :)