Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Visit With The Marcos!

Amy, Caiden and myself (boy do I look pale compared to Amy...I didn't know people could tan in Idaho!)
Caiden and his new pal "Thing-with-the-red-shirt" AKA Steve

Our good friends Amy and Steve Marco came down from Idaho for a weekend or so. It was a quick trip, but it was great to spend some time with them. It was also nice to spend some time with Carol, Amy's mom, as I haven't seen her in awhile.

Caiden and I went over to Amy's mom's house for a home cooked meal of dumplings, green beans, chicken, and of course COOKIES!!! While the girls cooked (with the exception of me for some strange reason), the boys played together. Steve was really good with Caiden, although for some reason, Caiden kept calling him the "thing with the red shirt". He even signed it to me to find out where the "thing with the red shirt" had gone. It was quite comical.

Before the meal preparation begun, Carol and Caiden decided to make some impromptu Snickerdoodles! Yummy! Caiden was such a good helper, and helped throughout the whole process. He stirred, he made snickerdoodle balls, and rolled them in the cinnamon.

Carol teaching Caiden how to make Snickerdoodles
Caiden helping to knead the dough
After making Snickerdoodle balls, Caiden dipped them in the cinnamon and sugar

Dinner was delicious, and afterwards Caiden impressed all by cleaning up the dishes. It was so funny. They just couldn't believe that he was SO EXCITED to help clean the dishes. I tell you, he gets that from my mother-in-law...sadly, the cleaning gene does NOT come from my side of the family.

Caiden toiled washing the dishes and LOVED every second of it!
I had to take off his shirt because it was drenched after the dishes, so he was a bit cold
This is Caiden hiding from me...now WHERE did he go? :P

Overall, it was a wonderful night, and I can't wait until we see them again.

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

That is so awesome.... I miss Caiden helping me with the housework, cooking and clean-up you know how much time it saves ha-ha. Sounds like you had a great time!

Wendy said...

It is always nice to see old friends.

butterflydreams said...

Looks like he had a great time... You did a good job Caiden is very helpful and you doubt you hear pleasure to have in class since he is such a good boy

butterflydreams said...

Ok I mean "NO" Doubt that you hear he is a pleasure - thinking and typing all at the same time is a skill I am still learning

Pam said...

Cool, I didn't know that she had moved to Idaho.