Saturday, January 05, 2008

Bonney Family Christmas 2007

We were blessed again this year to have the entire family over to our house. It was a lot more chaotic this year as many people made plans to go elsewhere for part of the day, which meant I was on a strict schedule to get dinner out by a certain time. I tried to make a similar meal to last year as that was a big hit, but there was not enough time, so some things just didn't get made.

All in all the meal was decent, and I throughly enjoyed everyone coming over to our house. This was the first year since Dave has been working at SBFD that he had Christmas off. Next year he won't :( It's really hard to travel to other people's houses with his schedule. He worked Christmas Eve and got home just in time for people to start showing up for Christmas. Poor guy didn't get any sleep, but managed quite nicely through Christmas.

Before everyone came over, Dave and I opened stockings with Caiden. It was a bit challenging finding excuses for why Caiden couldn't go downstairs until daddy got home. He wanted to go down and look to see if Santa had come, but I didn't want Dave to miss that experience with Caiden. Funny thing is, of all the things he got in his stocking, he had the biggest reaction to his new toothbrush and toothpaste. He started cheering and even ran upstairs to put it away. Hmm...and you think you KNOW what they will get excited about. Guess not.

Stockings for Everyone...including the dogs!
Caiden opening his stocking
Dave got fake WOW gold in his - he was the most excited about this!
Hunter couldn't wait to get his opened
Dave helped Flash with his.
Me opening my stocking with some help from Cade
Shocked and surprised expressions
A much needed tool for me :)

Everyone started arriving just after we were done opening stockings, so I hurried to serve the hot spiced apple cider that I had made. I then began the dinner as the rest of the gang arrived. We opened gifts at lightening speed (I didn't get to see some of it because I was making dinner, but someone was kind enough to take pictures for me). I didn't even know who gave what to whom, so thank you notes are pretty much out this year. :)

Family dinner - half of the table
Family dinner - other half of table
Let's just call this the kid's table...Phil, my mom Jeanne and Kyle and Lindsay (Naffin twins)

There are more kids in the family this year with the addition of the Naffin twins, and then next year there will be two more additions with Kiya and then Pam and Jacob's son (yes, they are having a boy!). Our family continues to grow and we are so blessed! I think that makes Christmas time even MORE exciting. There's nothing like watching kids at Christmas time.


Caiden got this from Papa Jim and Grammie Sue :)
Caiden opening a gift with a HUGE reaction
He was so excited he started jumping, which is why I didn't get his head in the picture
Micah and Wendy opening books
Pam with Kyle opening gifts
Susan and Lindsay
Caiden with Uncle Steven and Uncle Mathew
Pam's Belly Shot...it's a boy!!!
Papa Jim taught Caiden how to play with his food. It is both educational and edible :P

This year, in addition to the special gifts that Caiden and I made all of the grandparents, Caiden picked out gifts for Dave and I. He knew EXACTLY what he wanted and Dave even had to go to three stores to find what Caiden wanted to get me. Dave called it a Christmas miracle because Caiden said he knew exactly what he wanted to get me...he had seen it a store, he didn't know which one though. Caiden bought me three mini Santa Clauses (because I collect them), and he bought Dave a dragon to play with and some dragon boxer shorts. The gift we made the grandparents was a puzzle with a photo of the grandparents and Caiden. This way when Caiden goes and visits he can build a puzzle with them of a special time they shared.

Caiden picked out these special mini Santas for me
Caiden picked out this special dragon for daddy
Gigi's puzzle gift
Papa Jim and Grammie Sue's puzzle gift

All in all it was a chaotic yet fun time. I am glad that we were able to celebrate Christmas together as a family. This is truly my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of people!! You are so lucky to have everyone so close. I would love to have my entire family over for Christmas!!

Hart's Haven said...

It was a wonderful day and meal. It will be more chaotic as the kids get older but that is part of the fun of Christmas! Thanks for all your hard work!

Wendy said...

We had a great time Melissa. Thanks for opening your home.