Friday, January 11, 2008

FINALLY...We Are Decorating!!

Well, it has been nearly two years that we have lived in this house, and we are FINALLY getting down to painting. The reason it has taken so long is that Dave hates painting, but he hates MY painting even worse. Apparently, my painting skills equate to that of my technological skills - AKA very bad.

I have always thought I was a rather good painter. Maybe a bit too frugal on the paint sometimes, but have you SEEN the price of paint? Anyway, Dave graciously painted the downstairs bathroom for me...and he had to do it twice. The original paint color we chose was supposed to be a blue grey, but when put on the walls it looked like powder blue. Then the color we chose for the spare bedroom was supposed to be more of a grey with a hint of blue, but we ended up using that color on the downstairs bathroom.

Back wall bathroom
Side of bathroom
Right wall

The downstairs bathroom is finally done, and I was able to add a few finishing touches. I still have one little knick knack to find, as you may see from an empty area on the shelf that Dave also put up for me!

Overall, I think that the bathroom came out rather well, although I am not sure how well it will be conveyed through pictures.

The other little area that I added some homey touches to, was an area right as you walk up our stairs and towards the Master bedroom. The Master bedroom was done in an Asian theme as I wanted it to be a place of peace and tranquility. We have some cupboards and a shelf right before you enter the bedroom that I let the Asian theme flow into. It is in this area that we added the Dragon swords that we bought for Dave, a picture that we bought years back that was made by some kind of thread, and then the Bonsai tree that Heather and I bought together on an outing.



Dave also painted the spare room, but I haven't been able to convince him to hang the pictures in that room yet, so I haven't posted any pictures. We also got a new bedspread for our bedroom, but frankly the dogs are laying on it right now, and I don't want to get them to move so I can take a picture. Anyway, let me know what you think.

We still have 3 rooms left to do. The Master bathroom, Caiden & Kiya's bathroom, and the playroom. I was thinking for the playroom to do different colors on each of the walls, but Dave isn't a big fan of that. Either that or more bold colors...maybe red for one of the walls (although we haven't had much luck with painting red walls either...last time we tried it looked like Barney exploded on our walls). :(

So for all you interior decorators out there...any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bonsai tree is the perfect touch to the sword display. (I thought it was spelled with a Z but i guess that's just when you're screaming BONZAIIII when you jumping off something :P)

Wendy said...

I am horrible at decorating so I can offer no advice but what you have done so far looks great.

Anonymous said...

The tree is perfect...GO SHINODA!!

You are so lucky that you have a house that you want to decorate. :)

I think it is a great idea to do primary colores for the playroom wall...perfect for the kids!