Friday, January 11, 2008

Bribery...Sweet Bribery


Now I am going to try to keep this optimistic, because that was the spirit in which I started this, but recent computer troubles and such have completely dampened my otherwise giving mood. I will do my best to keep the annoyance and anger out of this blog posting as that was not the original intention.

What I was GOING to say if I hadn't been sabotaged by my computer, which by the way my sister and her husband (my computer techs) have so proudly declared, my computer works just fine for them. In fact, Dave (her husband) stated that my computer was functioning fine until I walked into the room. What the heck does that mean? Do I set off a electrical charge that renders all of my technological devices useless? I mean, I have the same problem with my phone. I cannot even begin to tell you how many phones I have gone through. NO ONE has the problems I have with technology, and then people wonder why I hate computers and technology often times. We just don't get along. I JUST got off the phone with my sister who is trying to help me troubleshoot, but ends up telling me I need to spend more money on computer stuff (which frankly I don't have), at which point she says the all too common phrase now of "I don't know why it doesn't work for you, it works fine for me when I am there".

WHAT DO THEY THINK I DO TO IT!!!! I just boot it up. I press the power button. That's it!! I am not savvy enough to actually do anything INTERESTING to this stinking piece of mechanical junk!!! I don't have enough knowledge to know what the motherboard, hard drive, or any other contraption that they went to school for and know about actually does. And to be honest I DON'T CARE!!!!!!! It's like my cars. I don't want to be a mechanic, I just want them to work!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!! APPARENTLY SO!!!

Sigh...well, so much for being positive and not venting. Hmm...can I blame it on the hormones? Stress? Braxton Hicks?

Ok, so back to the original point of this posting. I am still hoping that Kiya will come before Monday and on her own without the need for pitocin or interventions. I still want to do this naturally without meds. I want to be able to walk around or do whatever I want. Frankly, I want to do this on MY TERMS, not the nurses, doctors, or medicines. This is not something that the hospital staff, or even some close family members want as it is more difficult on them as they have to check on me more often or have to watch me go through pain.

Anyway, when I had Caiden, I knew that the nursing staff may try to push me into the drug world, so in order to put a stop to that before it happened, I resorted to bribery. In one hand, a pretty basket of baked goods, and chocolates. In the other hand, my birth plan that said in a nutshell...NO DRUGS, SO BACK OFF!!

So, in an attempt to be optimistic, Caiden and I made Bribery treats today. This consisted of Hershey's kisses, chocolate gold coins (in respect for Hanukkah), and gingerbread cookies. (I would say men or women, but I don't have those types of cut outs, so they got stars, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and doves).

The above picture is the result of our baking spree. Caiden had a lot of fun, but I think he consumed most of the cookie dough before it even became cookies. And the bonus to all of this madness: I didn't burn my belly! :)

Well, please say a little prayer for me, and keep your fingers crossed that Kiya makes an appearance soon and without the need for interventions...ooh and that the bribery works and they don't hassle me :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First congrats on making cookies with out burning your belly. :)

Second hopefully Kiya will be ready to come soon!

And third...I HATE COMPTERS!!