Friday, January 25, 2008

Heather and Danny Visit

Heather and Danny came over to visit the Saturday after Kiya was born. It was great to see them, and Dave had a great time playing WOW (World Of Warcraft with Danny). They were parked in the living room pretty much the whole day. The funniest part is that they were sitting right next to each other, but still wore the headsets to talk. (I know they were playing with other people, but still...you have to admit that's funny).

While the boys played, Sue, Heather and I went outside and watched Caiden ride his jeep and then made chalk drawings on the sidewalk and street. Grammie Sue even traced Caiden lying down and then drew his outfit. Caiden was very particular and accurate and needed to have his sweatshirt hood drawn on, hence the blue color where Caiden's hair should be.

Caiden, Heather and Sue surveying the drawing of Caiden
Caiden and Sue drawing a rainbow
Life size drawing of Caiden

Later that night, we had pizza and then after Heather and Danny left we settled down to watch a movie. We picked it out especially for Caiden. He wanted to watch the movie where the dog is a superhero. I want to say it was called "Underdog", but I can't really remember. It was an ok movie, but Caiden thought it was funny - well at least some parts, others he thought were a bit scary.

Grammie Sue and Kiya
Caiden and his pirate blanket that Heather made for him. He sleeps with it and carries it around everywhere.

It was great to hang out with friends, and it was nice to get out of the house for a little while, even if it was just my front yard. :)

2 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Dave's game was really interesting. I can understand how it could be addicting. That's probably because I'm really a game person too. It was great to watch them all play!

Anonymous said...

I must admit they are dorks...but anytime they took off their headsets Melissa kept telling them to "put their dorky things back on". :)

We had a great time! Thanks for having us out! We always enjoy anytime that we can just get away for awhile! The only bad thing is that we had Jack in the Box for lunch and then pizza for dinner...I think I gained 20lbs! :)

I think of all the blankets I made for Christmas Caiden gets the most use out of his! I am so happy that he likes it!!