Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kiya Raven - Day Two

On Kiya's second day with us (well, honestly since she was born at night, it was less than 24 hours for her), we had a lot of visitors.

First Heather came to visit (although I don't have any pictures - she was a smidge nervous about holding Kiya) and brought lots of treats. M&Ms (peanut and regular), goodies for Dave and I to eat, as well as new clothes for Kiya. So generous, and Kiya will look so adorable in the cute clothes she picked out. She has great taste - even if it IS pink. :P

Then we Sue came, followed by my mom and sister, who also brought flowers, some cute outfits for Kiya and Steph even brought her kids (Kiya's cousins). Phil also came after his golf game, and later that night Lance, Susan, Steven and Mathew showed up with Caiden and gifts.

Auntie Stephanie with Kiya
Stephanie with Cousin Kyle and Cousin Lindsay
Mom (Gigi) and my stepfather, Phil

Mathew, Steven, Susan, Kiya and Lance
Mathew, Steven, Caiden, Susan, Lance, & Kiya

This was the first time that Caiden met his little sister. He was so cute. He said "she has my face...she looks just like me"...the funny part is that he couldn't really SEE her face at the time as I was nursing. Caiden had a lot of energy that night, so Dave tried to help him feel more comfortable by playing with him a bit.


Caiden meets his sister for the first time
Caiden, Kiya and me
Cade kisses his baby sister
Dave plays with Caiden

All in all it we got to see a lot of family and friends...Kiya is well loved and we are so blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you little babies make me nervous or maybe it is that the parents of little babies have trained me to be nervous. Once Kiya gets a couple months under her belt I will play with her and hold her the most!!

Pam said...

Too bad I couldn't have visited earlier. What a terrible time to have gotten sick. :(

Wendy said...

Kiya is and will continue to be well loved. She is a lucky little baby girl.